As you know, I’ve posted many times about what Swagbucks is and how to join. However, I recently had a reader ask about getting started – Once you are signed up, how long does it take to start earning? What are some of my “tricks of the trade”?
I thought I would take this opportunity to show you how I use Swagbucks and hopefully get you all on your way to earning!
First, let me tell you that I don’t sign up for anything that: 1) is time consuming, 2) I have to do 15 steps just to earn something and 3) will cause me to get spam emails or tons of “special offers” in my email inbox. With Swagbucks, I can earn as much or as little as I want, I don’t get spammed and it’s really simple!
So, here are a few tips & tricks that will help you earn more with Swagbucks:
- It’s important to understand that search wins are based on luck and not on searching for certain words or phrases, searching at certain times, etc. Most people win 3-4 times per day.
- Once you register for Swagbucks, I recommend setting Swagbucks as your internet browser home page (which is what I did), bookmark it, or save it to your favorites. This way any time that you do an internet search, you have a Swagbucks search bar right at your fingertips. There is one at the top and one at the bottom of their home page.
- Tip: Instead of typing “www.facebook.com” (for example) into the address bar of my browser, I use the Swagbucks search bar and do an internet search for “facebook.com”, then click on the search result that I need for Facebook. I do this with most of the sites that I go to. It only takes a couple of extra seconds to go to the site I am looking for and it’s worth it when I win!
- Be careful that you do not over search or search too many times in a short period. Swagbucks is designed to award people for ”normal searches” – you should search exactly the way you would on any other search engine. Over searching can result in a “time out” period, which can last up to 24 hours, so be sure to follow that rules! During the time out period, you can still search but you will not win Swagbucks.
- Swag codes are messages or certain strings of text that are hidden throughout the Swagbucks network (Blog, Facebook, Twitter, Toolbar, Swidget, etc.). These codes can appear at any time and anywhere.
- One way that you can tell if there’s an active code available, is to check the Swidget. I have one of these at SavingStace.com, on the right sidebar. Here is how it is used:
Once you find the code, you copy it (exactly – it IS case sensitive) and enter it into the “Gimme” box on the Swagbucks.com homepage, as shown in step 4 above.
- Another way of knowing if a Swag code is available, is to check the Swagbucks Facebook page periodically. If you see that quite a bit of people are leaving comments that say “Thanks, TSG!” or “Thanks for the code!”, that’s a good indication that there’s a code available. You can then check the Swidget to find out where the code is located – and follow the instructions above.
- While it is perfectly acceptable to let someone know that there is an active code available, it is NOT okay to just give someone the code. You are also not allowed to ask others what the code is. Do not ever post the code anywhere except the “Gimme” box on the Swagbucks homepage – this is grounds for having your account deactivated!
- For all of you couponers out there, this is a super easy way to earn free stuff! Basically, you print the manufacturer coupons you want and use them just as you normally would. For every coupon that you print (through Swagbucks) and redeem, you earn 10 Swagbucks!
- Sometimes there are promotions, where you can earn even more Swagbucks for the coupons that you redeem, such as this one:
- Each coupon can be printed twice, just like on other coupons sites. You print the coupons you want, then you can go back in and print them one more time.
- Keep in mind that if you see a coupon you want, you should print it right away, since coupons rotate frequently and are usually not available for very long.
- Remember: Don’t EVER photo copy a coupon – this is coupon fraud!
- You can watch videos to earn Swagbucks.
- On the top right of the Swagbucks TV page, there’s a meter that shows your progress. You will win 3 Swagbucks every time your meter reaches 100%. (Usually each video gives you 10%, so it takes about 10 videos to fill your meter).
- Tip: Sometimes I let the videos play in the background while I am doing other things on my computer. I have actually found some great recipes this way, through the “Food” videos!
- Swagbucks will notify you of other ways to win – surveys, games, special deals, etc. – through your inbox. This can be found on the Swagbucks.com homepage, once you are logged in.
You can see that I’ve been too busy and haven’t been keeping up with my messages!
REDEEMING (GETTING YOUR FREE STUFF!)
- Swagbucks are redeemed in the Swag Store (naturally ), for all sorts of prizes – from gift cards to apparel to electronics…and so much more!
You are allowed to purchase any (2) two prizes per day and (5) five of the same prize per month.
- I think most people would agree that gift cards are the most popular items – and the best deals. Personally, I love the Amazon.com e-Gift Cards, which never expire and can be redeemed towards anything I want at Amazon.com. (I’ve gotten a free waffle maker, free peanut butter and lots of other free items!).
There are lots of other ways to earn – games, trivia, daily deals, etc. So, go sign up and check it out!
I hope this post helps. I’d be happy to answer any questions that you might have. You can contact me anytime.