Well, we are finally getting back into the morning routine groove again. My kids have been wonderful in the mornings. The weather has been so nice that I’ve been able to get them off to school and go for a 2-3 mile walk almost every day. I have to say, it feels so good to be moving again. Physically and mentally.
I’ve also found that – as long as I plan ahead – I’ve actually enjoyed packing the kids’ lunches so far. It’s been fun to make homemade ingredients and try to switch things up so they’re not having the same thing each day.
We’re also enjoying experimenting with our Klean Kanteens. Mini-Me informed me that one of her friends took pancakes in her Thermos this week, which was a not-so-subtle hint that she would like to eat pancakes for lunch one day.
Note: The photo above was taken before I realized that our Ziploc containers do not fit in my girls’ lunch bags. Oops! Guess we’ll stick to using multiple containers each day until we move onto larger lunch bags. But, I will say that these Ziploc containers are perfect for when my husband takes leftovers to work.
Here was our lunch box menu for last week…
- MONDAY: Smoked turkey deli meat, all-natural string cheese, frozen mixed fruit, Wheat Thins
- TUESDAY: PB&J sandwich, blueberries, Triscuits, applesauce
- WEDNESDAY: PB&J sandwich, all-natural string cheese, peas, raisins
- THURSDAY: Chicken curry over rice, carrot sticks w/ranch, raisins
- FRIDAY: School lunch (My kids talked me into this one, with the understanding that this would be a one-time thing! )
Have a wonderful week!
Please note that the some (not all) links in this post are my affiliate links. This means that I will receive a teeny, tiny compensation for purchases made through these links. It takes time and funds to keep Saving Stace running, so I appreciate it when you use my links. (You can read my full disclosure policy here).