It was our first week of unprocessed lunches. To be honest, lunches have been the easiest meal to make. I’ve found that as long as I have homemade bread on hand, everything else is a breeze. It’s easy to find unprocessed sides, just be sure to check ingredients.
The tortilla chips we buy have these ingredients: corn, oil, salt. The lunch meat I buy is “all-natural”, so while it’s technically not unprocessed, I feel like this is something that I am comfortable with feeding my family. Since “unprocessed” can mean different things to different people, you just have to find what works for your family and what you’re willing to live with and willing to exclude for this challenge.
Here was our lunch box menu for last week…
- MONDAY: Turkey lunch meat, all-natural string cheese, apple slices, Triscuits
- TUESDAY: Mixed fruit smoothie (frozen mixed fruit, all-natural vanilla yogurt, half & half), Triscuits, birthday cookie
- WEDNESDAY: PB&J sandwich, baby carrots, tortilla chips
- THURSDAY: PB&Honey sandwich, yogurt w/blueberries, Triscuits
- FRIDAY: PB&J sandwich, mixed fruit, all-natural string cheese
Have a wonderful week!