First, I have to tell you all that by the 10th day of eating unprocessed foods, I had lost 3.3 pounds! I could hardly believe it when I weighed myself and I had lost that much weight. It might not seem like that much to some, but for someone like me who has struggled with weight loss for many years, 3.3 pounds in 10 days is a lot!
I walk about 3 miles on school mornings, after my kids head off to school. But I had been doing that for a few weeks before we started the Unprocessed Challenge, so my only real change has been cutting out processed foods. Now, by cutting out these foods, my intake of refined sugar has decreased tremendously. I’ve found that we also eat a lot less cheese. I’m not sure why that is, as I didn’t plan it that way, but we probably eat 1/3 the amount of shredded cheese that we ate before (and what we do eat is all-natural). And while I didn’t drink a ton of sodas before, I haven’t been drinking those during this challenge (I’ve actually tried to drink one a couple of times and they just didn’t taste right. I think my body is smarter now. )
Anyway, I can’t wait to see if I lose more weight by the end of the month. I sure hope so!
Here is our menu plan for this week:
- Raw milk yogurt topped with Grape-Nuts
- Oatmeal (x2)
- Scrambled eggs, toast, fruit (x2)
- Sausage pancakes (recipe coming soon – tastes like these, which my kids love but I refuse to buy!)
- Smoothie cups
- Turkey Burgers, oven roasted veggies
- Taco Salad (using tortilla chips, ground turkey, all-natural salsa, homemade beans and all-natural grated cheese)
- Olive, Garlic and Lemon Chicken
- Bacon Fried Rice (I found some all-natural, uncured bacon that I’m going to try, along with some all-natural soy sauce)
- Slow Roasted Pork Carnitas (I made these last week and we loved them!)
- Crustless Spinach Quiche, fresh fruit
- Homemade pizza, side salad